Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Life ... Oh life... woop!

Ok, it's 5.20 am and i STILL can't get back to sleep. Of course that probably has alot to do with the fact that i slept at 8 just now... and woke at 240.... hehehe well was reading book... and was warm... so ZzzZzzZz

(which also unfortunately means my closet still remains unsorted >..<)

So decided to post about something that's been on my mind. Basically that life really is filled with great big coincidences... ya know things that when you look back make you realise just how random everything can be.

In fact, for me, alot of my closest friends were met by such random chance. I'll give you an example, basically how I became friends with Eva (now a close friend) and subsequently Yui (someone i care bout... how much you ask? Well that one I dunno… maybe a lot? Maybe not? :D hehe jkjk^_^)

Ok so I've known Eva for a year before i really actually gotten to know her. To be fair she kinda went in and out of our group so never got the chance to talk to her but never mind. ANYWAY we were sitting at the table at UCSA cafe and I was talking to her and it somehow ended up with me organising a karaoke night for the lot of us. And it was on that night that I found out that Eva really was easy to get along with. (actually i still feel a little sorry for nicole. I mean the drive there pretty much was me and eva just talkin non stop and nic sitting in the back going hmmmmmmmmmmmm ... heheh SORRY NIC) And so a friendship was born by random chance (or in this case random conversation. Moving on till about a month ago and we'd decided to have a cocktail night before clubbing, and eva had invited Regina along (who at that time i'd never met). Btw my first impression of gina goes something like this "OMGHIITSUCHANAWESOMENIGHTPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY"

now... see i know
Regina had just turned 18 so she was.. i guess excited... but damn man.... i swear she didn't stop for breath. You know thinking about it, science should study Regina. her ability to keep talking non stop without breathing... i'm sure we could use that ability. You know being able to exert yourself without needing oxygen. The firefighters and astronauts would lvoe it! Could call it the regina technique even....

Lol but thats a sidetrack.

SO on the night we head off to timezone (after picking up miss thousand-words-an-hour) to meet her friend (though to be absolutely honest, i was more interested in the too spicy gun game at Timezone. Me and Eva just discovered it and its the fun! though i got my butt handed to me by Eva so maybe that night wasn't so much fun)

ANYWAYS, guess who the friend was?

Yep... it was Yui. Now here's a little snippet of info i found out about that.. Yui had only really met
regina the night before... and had agreed to go town with her the day after.

See CoincIdence! and yes I did capitalise the I. This isn't exactly an article in the New York Times. i don't have to stick with the basic rules of english grammar.

So to sum it up... if the idea to randomly karaoke hadn't happened at the beggining of the year, i'd have never gotten to know that Eva and I got along..... which would have meant i'd have never gotten to know
regina... which meant i'd never have met Yui. (who had things been different wouldn't have met regina.. and so wouldn't have met me too).

Interesting huh? just how sometimes things just kinda happen.

Of course the cruddiest thing is that Yui's leaving, so there's no happiness there (THUS my saying that God has a sense of humour- actually joyce said this today "Awww poor ken. You finally get a pretty girl and she's leaving"... or soemthing like that. Because reading that joyce doesn't really talk like that =P lol but you get the gist of it.)

But never mind, this post isn't about how much life makes me want to bitch.... lol it's about coincidences and how things do seem to happen for a reason. (then again thinking honestly about it, the timing of how everything happened is fine. I'm not the guy i was at the beggining of the year... trust me, I've come a LONG LONG way since then.... i'll write about how i've changed next time =P eheheh. The point being that had i met Yui earlier in the year... i'd have prob messed it up. so ^_^ guess all good anyway~)

So waht's the greater philosophical discussion about there being... "fate?" Honestly.... i couldn't say, on the basis tat i have no intention of being some great philospher. Frankly i'm only a guy who should be graduating with both degrees this year, but instead has to take another year. Yeah.. its my own fault... I take responsibility for it. Frankly Ken has been a horrible student. he's doing better now, but frankly could be ALOT bettter.... btu i digress... something for another post that be.

I guess if there is one thing I'd take from all this is that knowing that there is something guiding the happenings is comforting. Like there's a greater reason for some things happening. I will say this though, sometimes things happen which I can't say there's a greater purpose to. Something that christians occasioanlly get wrong. Remember reading this once on some american dude's blog.
====
I'll give you perfect example. I had a conversation with a former friend in high school. We got into the arguement about women and rape.

"So you believe a woman who is rape and gets pregant should have the baby?"

"Obviously, because God wants her to have a child."


The FUCK?! God wanted her to be raped just to knock her up?

My fist still hurts on occasion from punching him!

===
I will say this. While i believe somethings in life are set, some things in life i don't want to believe are decided by whatever is out there. I detest rape. And will never say its part of a higher purpose for soemone to get raped.

I guess on that point, i can't really pick and choose what aspects of life i like and dislike. if i believe in fate than do I have to believe that all things happen for a reason? ALL things (including if soemone gets raped) I don't know.

I guess all up, i'll stick wth life is one big coincidence. (which is a cop out =P but i said ths wasn't going to be some deep philosphical argument right :P so rar!)

Laters ppl, will post once i get back from Hamnet
~K

(for the record... if anyone was to ever do something like raping someone i cared about... God save them if i find them. You better believe that Ken would never ever let something like that go. NEVER. )

No comments: